Director of Product Management
We are looking for a dynamic product leader to join a small, committed team at Ad Hoc Labs, makers of the Burner app. We empower people to take control over their identity and privacy by giving them functional, powerful, and reliable second phone numbers.
The Director of Product Management for Burner will play a key leadership role on our team by leading all aspects of the Burner family of mobile (iOS, Android), web, developer, and partner experiences. In this highly strategic and very hands-on role, you will own the product prioritization process and be responsible for synthesizing inputs from users, usage data, market insights, and cross-functional feedback into a cohesive plan, and then lead the execution of that plan across the full spectrum of of the product management life-cycle. You will have direct management and revenue responsibility over a multi-platform app family that is the innovation leader in its category and has an install base of millions of users, with both recurring and non-recurring revenue streams in the millions of dollars. (Burner is currently the top-grossing app in its respective categories in both the iTunes and Google Play stores.) Analysis of user behavior and revenue, product optimization, and developing strategies and closely managing tactics to drive venture-scale growth will be critical dimensions of the role.
You will be reporting directly to the co-founder and CEO and partnering with outstanding practitioners across product design, engineering, and growth in a collaborative environment with high expectations. You will bring passion for shipping outstanding products and for building the culture and processes of a world-class, product-centric organization.
- Develop and understand user insights, behavior patterns, market dynamics, growth hypotheses, and strategic opportunities. Be the internal owner and evangelist of who our customers are and how we can better serve them.
- Partner with key stakeholders in engineering, business development, growth, design, and operations to capture and synthesize needs and opportunities
- Own, prioritize, and align team to a product roadmap, product KPI’s, and quality/SLA expectations
- Develop and deliver high impact experiments, innovative and delightful features, user experience improvements, API elements, and high-ROI internal tools and capabilities that drive product engagement and revenue growth
- Work with design, engineering, QA, and other teams to drive features through the agile development process, from concept through delivery. Write and maintain user stories, business requirements, product specifications, and backlog; act as product owner in agile development process; manage tickets and own outcomes to ensure excellence
- Primary owner for product analytics; lead analytics orientation, dashboards, and other forms of data visibility throughout the organization; manage requirements and implementation of internal and 3rd-party analytics tools
- Develop external and customer-facing positioning, messaging and communications; lead cross-functional launch process; own user-facing in-product communications; participate in a high-visibility external capacity (e.g. press, our Board, Apple iTunes & Google Play stores)
- Continuously evolve and improve the product development process; lead the charge on implementing product management best practices as you see fit
- Develop compelling, analysis-backed cases for strategic opportunities and recommendations
- Own, report on, and align internal teams around product KPIs; utilize KPIs to inform tactics and strategy
The kind of person we're looking for:
- You’re an experienced product professional with a track record of cross-functional team leadership, innovation, and high product and user experience standards
- You have a broad range of product, business, and communication skills, as well as technical insight
- You’re an advocate of iterative, customer-centric software development
- You’re analytical, strategic, and pragmatic, able to distill disparate inputs and frameworks into good decisions and fast results in a fluid environment
- You confidently take a point of view backed by data and evidence and are able to make your case and influence cross-functionally
- You are collaborative with others, an empathetic advocate for our customers, an excellent communicator, comfortable both learning and coaching
Skills + QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-10 years experience in product management in a mobile, consumer-facing business
- Demonstrated product leadership experience and ability to range from strategic roadmap to tactical and technical details at a constant level of excellence
- Demonstrated success leading complex mobile software products and consumer revenue products through the product life-cycle
- Experience on a product team working to drive growth through feature development, A/B testing, experimentation, and other growth tactics
- Deep familiarity with consumer-facing mobile platform capabilities on iOS and Android platforms, tools, communications, and analytics best practices
- Familiarity with product management and marketing best practices
what we offer you:
- Meaningful work on an innovative and growing set of products
- Collaborative, cross-functional work culture with an emphasis on autonomy and communication
- Creative, dog-friendly, snack-filled work space in a converted industrial building in a walk- and bike-friendly neighborhood
- Health and Dental coverage for employees, dependents & domestic partners
- Investment in career development, including training, conferences, and online learning resource
Ad Hoc Labs is committed to building a diverse, inclusive company and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We provide excellent medical and other benefits, and will consider full-time, part-time, partial remote, or other flexible arrangements for the right candidate.
Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We seek to employ the most qualified person in every job. Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.